| || |
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
on September 22
Aaron David Choy
1. Videos from this Week: Dr. Nazeer Ahmed: History, Science And Faith In Islam
2. Jumu'ah Parking
3. US Muslim Organizations Harvey Relief Fund
4. Qur'an Classes
5. Amazon Smile Donations
6. Car Break-ins at SRVIC
7. Game Night | This Friday
8. Signs From Allah: History, Science And Faith | This Monday
9. Movie Night and SRVUSD Superintendent Visit | Next Friday
10. Paint to Donate | Saturday, Oct. 14
11. Second Annual Comedy Night | Saturday, Oct. 28
Bay Area Events:
12. Milpitas Masjid Fundraiser | This Sunday
1) Videos from this Week
Dr. Nazeer Ahmed: History, Science And Faith in Islam.
| |2) Jumu'ah Parking: Please listen and following the directions of our volunteers when parking.
All unmarked parking spots are not available for our use. Please review the jumu'ah parking map here.
3) US Muslim Organizations Harvey Relief Fund: Please join Muslim organizations to provide support for Hurricane Harvey relief in Texas. You can make your contributions here. 4) Qur'an Classes:
We are accepting new students for Qur'an classes at SRVIC (Mondays & Wednesdays) for ages 5-18. For more info contact: email@example.com
5) Amazon Smile Donations: SRVIC is now able to receive donations through Amazon Smile whenever you shop on smile.amazon.com. Click here to set SRVIC as your Amazon Smile recipient. 6) Car Break-ins at SRVIC: On September 11th, at 9:00 p.m. the masjid crowd left after Isha prayer to discover that 5 cars parked at the masjid were broken into. The police showed up, opened a report and assigned a detective to investigate. Unfortunately, due to the lack of sufficient lighting, and the rain that evening, the surveillance footage was not clear enough to identify the thieves. Per the San Ramon police, that evening, two other locations had car break in incidents, and they believe it to be done by the same group. 13 cars in total were broken into that evening in San Ramon, including the 5 cars at SRVIC. No personal injuries
Next Steps: The Board of Directors assigned a contractor to improve the lighting around the masjid immediately. Outside light bulbs are being replaced and fixtures will be fixed or replaced as needed. In addition, motion sensor lights will be added for improved security Insha'Allah.
How can each one of us help:
- Be vigilant for cars outside, take a picture of the license plates of any suspicious car, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report any issues such as burnt light bulbs by sending email request to: email@example.com
- For urgent matters regarding the masjid, call: 925-575-7744
- Don't leave valuable such as cell phones, laptops, wallets, and jewelry in plain sight.
- Make du'a for the safety of our sisters, brothers and the center.
7) Game Night | This Friday
8) Signs From Allah: History, Science And Faith | This Monday
9) Movie Night and SRVUSD Superintendent Visit | Next Friday
10) Paint to Donate | Saturday, Oct. 14
11) Second Annual Comedy Night | Saturday, Oct. 28
12) Milpitas Masjid Fundraiser
|We would like to cordially invite you to join us for our fundraising lunch on Sunday, September 24th at 1 PM in our new building located at 374 Turquoise St, Milpitas, Ca, 95035. All proceeds go towards supporting our new masjid project and permanent home in Milpitas.|
The San Ramon Valley Islamic Center (SRVIC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1992. SRVIC has been serving the religious, social and educational needs of the Muslim community of the Tri-Valley region within the San Francisco Bay Area.