We are pleased to announce the launching of a bi-weekly family outdoor activity program, to be coordinated by Nadeem Bawani. Goals of the program is to foster better engagement among Muslim families and children (members of SRVIC), allow members to get to know each other and in particular, provide a venue for Muslim children to get to know and support each other and become lifelong friends, encourage outdoor activities that is fun and health oriented.
Program logistics and details on how you can sign up as a volunteer or participant is below:
- Examples of bi-weekly activities would include:
- Local hikes, bikes that families can enjoy
- Participation in volunteer work sponsored by state, local communities, etc.
- Day trips to other places such as Yosemite, Caverns, beach, skiing, etc.
- Participation in competitive sports such as table tennis, basketball, etc.
How will it work:
First Activity Announcement:
- Activity, meeting location, time and other details will be announced a week or two in advance
- Parent will take full responsibility for their children and must accompany them for the duration
- Local hikes and events will be coordinated after Sunday school or other days as convenient
- Families will be making complete arrangements for transportation, foods, park fees, etc.
- Activity Location: Sunol Regional Wilderness: Easy to Moderate hike in East Bay, unpaved
- Trail: Little Yosemite – Hike by the river & waterfalls (approx. 4 miles round trip)
- Website: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/sunol – Little Yosemite Trail
- Date: May 22nd, 2016
- Meet up Location: SRVIC San Ramon and drive from there together
- Meeting Time: 2.00 pm sharp
- Signup: https://goo.gl/JIWtl9
- Contact: Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.