SRVIC Refugee Support is an effort to help newly arriving refugees to the Bay Area. We are working in partnership with International Rescue Committee (IRC)
, resettling families from all over the world. Our initial focus is to help with apartment set-up for one family per month. This includes:
- Purchasing and collecting items from this Apartment Set-up List.
- Delivering all items and helping set up the apartment.
- Providing a home-cooked or catered meal from their country of origin.
Our future goals of support for these families are to:
- Provide services related to housing, jobs, and social adjustment.
- Advocate for resources that better meet their needs.
If you are interested in helping, please fill out this form
. If you have further questions, please refer to these guidelines
If you are not able to support with time, you can make a monetary donation here
and select “refugee fund.”
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Approximately 60% of refugees arriving in the Bay Area are Muslim. SRVIC Refugee Support works with refugee families, regardless of their religion. Donations are, therefore, not zakat eligible; instead, please consider your contribution sadaqa.